MANCHESTER-At Approximately 8pm on Sunday, July 14th, police and fire personnel responded to a motor vehicle crash on Route 539, here. Multiple injuries were initially reported. Lacey Police and firefighters from Station 12 closed Route 539 at Route 72. Lakehurst Station 62 was dispatched for mutual assistance to managed the landing zone for helicopter medical evacuation. One patient was reported in critical condition and another suffered head trauma. One victim was flown to Jersey Shore Medical Center and another transported to Community Medical Center. The woman transported to CMC was pronounced dead. In all, six people were injured in the accident and it remains under investigation by the Ocean County Criminal Investigation Unit and the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office.
- » Ocean County St. Patrick’s Day Parade: In Pictures
- » Where are they Now: Former Toms River Mayor Involved in Ritacco Scandal in NYC Prison Until August
- » Fire Destroys Sandy Damaged Home in Toms River
- » Secretary of Defense Threatens New Round of Base Closures in 2017: Could the Joint Base be Next?
- » Man Who Tried to Have Wife and Daughter Killed Sentenced to Prison
- » Lakewood Man Sentenced to 22 Years in Prison After Defrauding Orthodox Community of $200 Million
- » Jersey Shore, MTV Donate Funding for Seaside Heights Event Center
- » Toms River Man Arrested While Impersonating JCP&L Worker; Cutting Cables
- » Brick Township Marine Named Parris Island Top Drill Instructor
- » NJ DOT Problems Plague Jersey Shore: Frustration and Anger Kick Off 2014 Shore Tourism Season